Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day six and seven- Fast track

Well had a very emotional weekend. One of my friends horses died from colic which lead to infection, when someone found her rolling her gut had twisted and hours later her colon had burst. My friend had been fighting to keep her alive for 3 days and nights with little sleep. One of the instructors stayed with her and the vet did everything they could. On the last day her tongue was purple (because of infection and burst of the colon) no money in the world could save her. My friend had no choice but to put her down peacefully. She was buried next to Pat's horses with one of Pat's blankets over her, she was only 12. It was so sad for all of us to watch it happen the past couple days. (She passed yesterday). I went to breakfast with her today and I wanted to take her to lunch so we decided to invite everyone, 20 people came and one stood up and gave her positive happy thoughts by the end we were all crying. Wishing her the best of luck on her journey home and her journey after. On a happier note I am having a lot of fun. I never knew I loved people so much. I can tell that this fast track will be life changing. Instructor goals are still in the back of my head, but improving my horsemanship has become my #1. Annabelle's horsenality has become comical to me now, very left brained today. I give up lol as long as I can tell in the moment what she is being and read each moment like it is. I will be more like a horse and a better horseman. As far as living on campus goes...not a fan hate being in the bear infested woods at night with no electricity and no lock on our door.
Overall very excited for the weeks to come. I miss everyone at home I'm sure Annabelle does too.

Oh yes and a couple questions for Lori, DM, Lisa and Tara since you know Annabelle better then people here. Cinching..she's still trying to bite. When I add pressure there with no saddle on she tries to bit me, ulcers? How can it still be that she doesn't want me there? Also on her top line she has been sore to the tips of my brush and I haven't been riding much, less then normal. Her mane is flipped there and a chiropractor is going to be out tomorrow. I have noticed more relaxed gaits bareback so it could be the saddle. Leasing a natural performer the last two weeks. We are both more relaxed bareback. I have heard ulcers can lead to back pain, but also to loss of weight and abnormal stool which she doesn't have. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment