Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day nine- Fast track

Last week it was going by too slow..this week it's going by too fast. I'm having so much fun getting emotionally fit. Really starting to learn and get it. I get this stuff so fast I don't have to try hard to understand it. We did simulations today on rein positions and WOW! Huge difference on how little you have to use your reins you can feel so much in your body and horses are much more sensitive then we are. Just from turning my thumb up instead of keeping it neutral she did and indirect rein. Got to use a friends Parelli saddle today and I tried a little canter in the big arena and it was BEAUTIFUL! So relaxed she was hardly bracing I felt like I was floating on a horse straight from heaven. I put her back after that. So exciting to keep on learning and get better. When I saw Pat today I froze, I smiled but I couldn't say hi and I have been so extroverted since I've been here. Best week and a half of my life so far. I'm so grateful to be here. Link to the saddle video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVLpgpb_tk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I tried to keep this post a little shorter since my other ones have been super long. :) A picture of Annabelle with the darker saddle (I think I like the lighter one better) and my cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment