Friday, August 17, 2012

Day five- Fast track

TGIF! Not as exciting learning things today, review on stuff I knew. But I'm starting to really see my relationship with Annabelle. I move way to fast and have too much pressure for her horsenality. I have finally completely settled on RBI I have been through this battle with myself for months because I couldn't see it. Is it possible that her obedience has gotten the best of her. She will push the barrel but is it playful or because she knows I will stop pressure and give her a treat or that she knows it makes me happy. She leaves me in liberty because I am creating too much pressure that she can't handle so she has to leave to escape it, but she comes back when I ask because she knows I will wait for her. Worked a TON in zone 3 trying to get her more comfortable with me there. Trying to make it a sweet spot, with much friendly game all around her body I put her to sleep today from zone 3! I was amazed. She loves undemanding time she loves cuddling when I have established a good connection and trust from the moment I walk in her pen. The hardest thing will be to slow down, and really work on her RB. We backed to the end of a 45, liberty circle game and had a slow calm relaxed canter at the end of my 22!

First picture is the cover-all
Second is Annabelle sleeping from zone 3
Last is reflection of cover-all in Annabelle's eye

No comments:

Post a Comment