Sunday, August 12, 2012

Band of wild horses

Today at dinner we saw a group of horses in the property next to where our cabins are. We figured it was someone's pasture with their horses. Once we got a closer look we realized that it was a band of wild horses. One stallion with 5 mares and a baby. It was so cool to understand them and to see them communicate with each other. I even convinced the stallion that I was interesting enough for him to smell me. He snorted at me and breathed heavily but he was friendly. I knew if I had one thought of quick movement he would be out of there. He didn't eat the carrot on the ground just played with it. The baby was almost brave enough to smell me he was close. I had Annabelle with me to create a better draw, and I felt like I gained respect from the stallion by protecting my herd. It was cute how Annabelle wanted nothing to do with his behavior, but it was entertaining. Everything in this journey has been divine, every step big or small. Those wild horses where at my fingertips for a reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment