Monday, August 20, 2012

Day eight- Fast track a crazy day

Wow what a day! Learned a LOT about my horse and most importantly my relationship with her. Turns out Annabelle had a serious injury either on the track or at the kill barn numerous vertebrae were out of place her pole was out of place her jaw was out of place (explains the dropping of food) the chiropractor couldn't even check her pelvis because when he was touching her back in her sore spots she was bucking and kicking and in a lot of pain. I was skeptical of him at first but I heard that someone who works here at Parelli was using him for his horse I felt a little better. As he began to fix her she was in a lot of pain and then as soon as it was done for that spot she would lower her head and lick and chew and yawn so I knew it was relief. He asked me if she has trouble with lead changes or riding and I said no...she tries to bite when I saddle her but when I get on she is good and he goes "your horse must really love you" I'm very proud of her and hate myself for not getting her looked at sooner he told me I will have a different horse by the time he is done (don't they all lol). He didn't want to do it all today since she was in so much pain and she was trying to kill him haha. So he will be back next Monday to re-evaluate and finish the rest free of charge. Also the Parelli saddles were here and we test rode one. Annabelle's mane by her withers flipped back as I was riding I was amazing and will never ride her without a Parelli saddle again. Leasing one for the rest of my time here then working my butt off to buy one. The chiropractor told me a lot of horses are thrown off the track because 'all of a sudden' they can't run fast anymore which is due to an unknown injury. He said its very possible that in training or while people were mishandling her she could have flipped over and landed on her back then the training and events that followed (kill barn) didn't help. Thank goodness that she never bucked me off in pain because I know she has been ouchy since I can remember. Excited to see the moves she has when this is all over. He even told me her gaits can feel different because she wont be bracing. Videos on YouTube of the test saddle to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment