Saturday, July 19, 2014

Extern: Day 25

Due to our internet at the house not working I will have to post my blogs the next morning when I am at the ranch. I will by typing them up the night before so for me right now it is 9:40pm on Thursday night. Just got home from dance class not too long ago. Feeling pretty tired and a little worried about Annabelle. While I was sitting on her today she went down to roll (extremely unusual). I got off asked her to get up as she was about to roll. She got up seemed fine- gut sounds. She has been ouchy on the gravel but ok in the arena when it's not too hard. I had her boots on, I took them off when she tried to lay down. I wasn't sure if (maybe she has abscess) and pressure of boots made it uncomfortable. Yesterday she had some heavy breathing we guess from stress because as I walked away she stopped and blew out. Today more heavy breathing, haven't been doing any intense work. So I gave her this morning off and kept an eye on her. No temp- 99.7° and breathing heavy doesn't last long. Still eating and drinking normal. I gave her electrolytes and molasses in her water to encourage her to drink. Seems a little lathargic but hard to tell if it is because of foot issues. Soaked both feet again tonight to help prevent any thrush or scratches since we have been getting a lot of rain. This afternoon I rode and kept it very light just a little trotting for less then a min. Even took my halter off and she was awesome. Going to continue to keep an eye on Annabelle will keep everyone updated. 





2 comments:

  1. Love reading your Journey!! Wish I was with you, LOL!! P.S if you take off the security lock? More people might post comments. Just FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I posted this again. It said, my 1st comment didn't go through, LOL!

      Delete