Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Extern: Day 23

I had a flying horse this morning as I warmed up to ride. She was jumping all fours in the air from being lame all weekend and it was very cool this morning. So I let her run around more then she wanted until she decided she wanted to stop. Never got a chance to warm up once I got in the saddle and was asked for a backup. Wasn't very responsive at all but got some really good insight on how to make it a lot better. It was nice to finally feel her participate in backing up! I haven't felt her do that before, I was always telling her. We did some leg yields before lunch. Annabelle was starting to understand what I wanted her to do. After lunch some of the group decided to go watch Pat a couple hours away, they would be home late so I decided to stay back. We went on a trail ride searching for some cows. Before we left I had fantastic walk to canter transitions. She did really well on the trail, I am starting to loosen up more about these mountain trails! When we got back I played at liberty and I found it so interesting- really trying to keep what Linda taught me in mind. I added a little more game to it and Annabelle was awesome, one of the best liberty sessions we ever had. 



No comments:

Post a Comment