Sunday, June 22, 2014

Extern starts tomorrow!

A later night then I wanted to have but that's okay. So happy with how the farrier did Annabelle's feet tonight, wasn't planning on having her done. But she got a massage in too and Annabelle loved her! First new person she hasn't tried to kill that was doing stuff to her lol. She even found a scratchy spot that Annabelle loved. I was really happy with everything. I'm feeling mostly calm about everything, I feel excited more then nervous. I know how hard it's going to be mentally learning everything and being out of my comfort zone a lot. That part scares me a little bit and I hate to admit it. I try to remember 'never ending self-improvement'.

 During a trail ride yesterday Annabelle had a squeeze game on either side of her and she was hesitant so I looked down to see if there were any easier paths. While I was deciding to get off or find a new way she decided to jump over these bushes/trees. It was over 4 feet, from a stand still. I was totally not ready, not balanced and fell off. Everything was fine she stopped and looked at me like 'did I do good mom, and why are you down there?' She had a very cute expression and loved it. So, with that said one of my main goals for this externship is to become a more confident and better rider, and I know everyone says it takes time to develop it, especially jumping 4+ feet from a stand still.... But I'm ready! 





No comments:

Post a Comment