Monday, June 30, 2014

Extern: Day 8

I just realized my day 5 didn't publish, so it is now. 

Today was an awesome day, other then the heat. I don't like heat...especially when the UV is at a 11 (extreme sun). This morning we did a little bit of circle game problem solving. It was really good to see because we don't know what problem out students could be coming to us for. Then we rode and did a follow the rail pattern and feeling the feet. Following the rail was really interesting because I tend to micromanage Annabelle's speed trying to keep her calm being that she's an RBE. But when I allowed her to go her pace even though I was passing other horses a lot she really relaxed into it. And it was good for me to find the confidence to allow her to do that. After lunch we had free time to play and do what we wanted. I was getting a ton of exuberance on my circle game in the morning during my flying changes and I wanted Susan to see it to instruct me on what to do better. I felt like I was offending Annabelle. Later learned that she has been acting more left brained (SO HAPPY). I just need to read it better. Susan had told me it looked really good and not right brained so I really raised my energy after that and just had a huge play drive and she was all over it. Ears locked on going over jumps, when into the tiny trailer. Just had loads of confidence and it was so fun! 

I just love this expression ^



No comments:

Post a Comment