Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"It's not just horse training"

I titled this post "It's not just horse training" because it was a time today when I stood up for myself in front of some important people. I'm not just "training" these horses, I am helping them become happier and understand my communication so they can become more centered and emotionally, mentally, and physically happier. As well as improving my horsemanship, and the ability to maintain a positive and progressive relationship with a LBE, which couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life!
Nothing has really changed with Annabelle's foot- I suppose that is a good thing because it's not getting any worse. Played with Ariat today and had a blast, he is such a cool horse and has so much to offer and teach me I love it. Did a little bit more riding today after playing in the obstacle course (he loves the obstacle course). Much better on line today verses yesterday. He was a lot more engaged and I suppose I was more interesting, I brought more energy and fun to the table. He tried to ignore me with the grass but he couldn't help himself he was interested in what I was going to ask next. I had a harder time challenging him on line, (I'm not used to these Left-Brain Extroverts). I found it easier to challenge him in the riding- a lot more licking and chewing and making him actually THINK. That was pretty cool, practicing carrot stick riding everything was really good until I asked for the canter. I had warmed up and was able to use mostly body cues to canter following the rail so I wanted to see how it was with the carrot sticks and I had to throw my sticks and hold on to the reins to feel more confident he just wanted to canter really fast. So I allowed him to for a couple seconds and then brought his canter down and slower. Unlike Annabelle he's not unconfident the faster he goes so I didn't feel the need to shut him down right away. I ALLOWED, including allowing myself to canter fast confidently haha.
Really, REALLY lovin the new job, so excited for all the opportunities this move has brought me. As scary as it is...

Also- A lot of people have been asking me for the Savvy Times article- I have not seen the final copy yet. So when I do I will let everyone know how they can read it. Just be patient with me :) Internet at the house is up and running finally! So I should have better videos and pictures to show everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment