Monday, August 5, 2013

Experience of a lifetime

Today I was at the barn for about 5 hours in the morning- came home expecting to be done for the day. Around 6pm I had this dying urge to go back I had no idea but I trusted it and went back. I've been playing with Chip in my spare time and since Annabelle has a stress fracture on her foot I'm not doing too much with her. I grabbed Chip and started online- I found myself moving through things faster for this what I thought was an introvert. But I was going with the natural flow of him. (Proud of myself for this). I did a little liberty since its SO good and fun with left brained horses :p he was bucking and running around being so exuberant and playful. So it got me thinking- once he was in a place of learning we practiced our draw and a few other things. His circle game is unbelievable he has zero brace he bends his ribs out and keeps his ear and eye on me. I got him ready to ride keeping the playfulness he showed me. In the past 2 times I had rode I felt him get unconfident quickly. So I've tried to take things slow for both of our confidents sake. Today I took a different approach and boy the results I got! I haven't been able to get the trot without holding him back (duh Allison he's not introverted). So I let him canter- putting my trust in him and myself. It was gorgeous! He has this huge big flowy canter it's so powerful but smooth. The no brace thing is so hard to get used to. I never realized how much brace Annabelle has. His transitions were 'floaty' he would just float down into the trot and then down to the walk. I was blown away. I had the experience of a lifetime. I had to tell myself that I could ride a horse like him over and over and over again. He was so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment