Monday, June 4, 2012

Update


Sorry that is has been almost a month since I have posted something. Been busy, lots of new and exciting things. Had my first Parelli clinic and it was so much fun great horses and great people. Annabelle was very nervous and I got to see the RBI side of her when usually she acts like a LBI so that was a major learning experience for me. Got some really good tips and ideas from Jesse Peters on riding I have been practicing for direct and indirect where my weight should be in my stirrups at work on a rolling stool! This past weekend we went to the Horse and Soul Tour which is Parelli's "show" they teach you a lot, with more ideas from them I felt confident to ride in the outdoor arena. I got a bridle and the leathers on the end help me make sure I released right away, but I also noticed that I wasn't giving her enough release. When I would ask for a turn she would start to and as soon as she did I should have relaxed, but instead I wanted her to turn harder or faster but I never gave her the change to learn it and show me she knew what I was suggesting. We could to figure 8's using the question box walking, trotting, and then a couple times cantering (even a flying lead change). I rewarded every downward transitions to keep us both calm and introverted and she did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment