Monday, June 18, 2012

Staying Positive

This has probably been one of the harder parts of my journey, after seeing Pat at the horse and soul tour I really saw his connection with his horses. I want to be able to have a great relationship with Annabelle when I go to Colorado for the fast track. I feel like we aren't on the same page, not a 50/50 relationship. I have been trying to keep a positive attitude and keep our sessions shorter with only a couple goals in mind and lots of grazing and treats so that its not all work when we are together. It is a good lesson for me because I am learning to relax; that it all doesn't need to get done today. Which is hard for me because once I get an idea into my head it turns into 50 ideas and I just want to try them all right then.

I have been working on riding bareback and only using my legs then using 2 carrots sticks when needed and my reins are my last resort. It has made riding a lot more fun and relaxed and she even bridled herself yesterday, we didn't even have to fight over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment