Thursday, June 28, 2012

Riding Bridless

After going to watch a Jesse Peters clinic for a day it gave me the courage to ride Annabelle with no bridle. I was helping Mark in the indoor arena teaching him about passenger lessons; which means he only has to focus on riding and his seat. Triton is allowed to go where ever he wants as long as he continued trotting, it was hard for Mark to set the reins down and trust Triton (and me) lol. I still had my bridle on but I was using 2 carrot sticks to reinforce my legs if she wasn't listening to them. I didn't have to pick up my reins once so I got brave enough to take my reins off. I stayed in the indoor arena so she didn't have much room to run me around if she decided to. But she did great I had to use my sticks a little more when I was trotting but walking so listened to my leg cues. It was so much fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKn9mbTZXBI&feature=g-upl

No comments:

Post a Comment