Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bridling

When I was at the horse and soul tour I saw some of the instructors bridle their horses while mounted. And I thought that was so cool, it got me thinking how Annabelle would do with it. So of course we started on the ground the very first time it was a fight, she didn't understand why I wanted to put it in her mouth. I had to convince her that it was no longer a negative thing because on the track I'm sure it was. After a couple rides and a few more tries it was easy. I still had to put it up to her mouth so she knew what I wanted but without any pressure she did put it in her mouth. I was so excited.

I think our riding communication is getting a lot better. Now that I have a lot more confidence I'm able to let go of the reins and trust her using my two carrot sticks. We have mostly walked but we tried a little trotting. Improving my seat has been hard, its hard to think about so many things at once but I am getting there. When I whistled for her out in pasture everyone else came running. I have spent a lot of time out there with them trying to get Annabelle to come to me and I was giving them treats when they would come up to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm5QMypF_I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment