Friday, November 28, 2014

The Roots

I was always a pretty independent kid, my way was usually right in my eyes. A lot of people still see me as this confident, independent girl who can conquer the world. The cover does say a lot about a book, but the inside is the best part! 
A few years back I was this broken, lost girl, with more issues that you could count. No confidence, no trust in faith, couldn't believe in anything including myself. I was going through the motions of life. Work, eat, sleep. That's all I did and it didn't even really matter to me. I had no social life and didn't care for one, I didn't think I was good enough to have friends. Then a little light had turned on, all of a sudden I wanted a horse. So, I got one. From there the change that happened was rapid and upward. I'm growing into myself, growing in confidence (most days), understanding myself, growing in faith. I care about me, which seems silly, but there was a time I didn't. When I think of something trying to grow I think of a single seed. It's planted in the ground, on the earth all by itself. No sense of direction, it only knows the light is up. So it starts, as it grows it needs a system to give it water, support in the ground. The roots, the roots are the most important part of the plant. You kill the roots and it will die. But as the plant grows the roots get bigger and stronger. So when the plant is reaching up nothing can knock it down and kill it. I have an amazing root system that keeps me planted, but allows me to reach up and stand tall. I wish I could name each person individually but I would end up forgeting some of you because there are so many! I am so grateful for everyone who has believed in me and continues to.  I couldn't do it without you. Without my roots I would have given up and fallen over by now. But now I have the strength. You guys encourage me to be my best always and to keep moving forward. I can't even express in words how blessed I am to have all of you. Now, I can conquer the world. I know it won't be easy, but I know it will be worth it. 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11



No comments:

Post a Comment