Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pain Empowers Growth

I generally don't start with a picture right away, but it spoke to me tonight. As many of my fellow Parelli peers know horsemanship is a journey. At times it's not always easy, simple, and sometimes enjoyable. Even though I've only been in it for 3 years I've heard the stories from others of the struggles they face and have faced. Without pain how can have you the strength to push through. Everyone struggles, everyone's journey has been hard at some time. Learn to see that in others so you can be for them. I have learned this with my horse. What qualities do we share that makes us bond even better? For Annabelle and I we are both fighters, both fighting for our life. She was fighting in a literal way, I was fighting to feel a purpose, to feel alive.  Changing how I feel to things and how I internally react is an on-going process. At times painful, but it empowers me to grow and be better. I have been battling to decide if I want to write a book, talk about those hard deep feelings no one wants to talk about. My fear is being so emotionally exposed, but my biggest goal is to inspire others. 

As for a more 'normal' blog update: we had our novi expo over the weekend. I was able to take my bridle off during the performance. After jumping she decided we should center to the gate..(hmmmm) and check things out. After lots of smiling we checked things out and went back to the middle to finish our performance. The energy of the crowd got her excited. And we all know how I get in those kinds of situations...hahaha. But I am so proud of her it was her second expo and my first time ever riding in a crowd like that! I need to work on my confidence! Hoping to get the video soon- it's not in my hands how quickly it is done so just waiting patiently :-)  did some level 4 finesse and freestyle run throughs hoping to film those before the end of the month. Then just on-line, ground willing (it's frozen)! 



My one rein (halter & lead) warmup for the expo 

No comments:

Post a Comment