Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Annabelle Update

I have been pretty lucky to not have anything major with Annabelle. Since I have been in Michigan we have really been focused on getting her moving better. While I was in Colorado she had a lot of minor injuries that kept her off and just in the pasture most of the year. Trying to get her back in shape and then I went to my externship. She looks better but not how she looked before I left Michigan. This morning she had 3 swollen legs, one of the legs we have been keeping an eye on. The other two had some rain rot on them and swelling went down after hosing and walking. Now just focused on the one leg we have been keeping an eye on. She will have most of the winter off for recovery, getting muscles looser and getting stronger. Heather has been giving her massages and they are making a huge difference. Nothing is serious which is a good thing, I believe we are sent what we can handle. Which leads me to the next part of this post. I have to finish my level 4, and I would love to with Annabelle. But her body right now just can't do it. So I am taking on a challenge for myself. A different partner to get to level 4, my goal is before the end of the year. Fable is a 12 yr old National Show Horse. He is my best friends horse, she has done some Parelli with him. But mostly dressage since she was 13 when she bought him. He is LBE/RBE, so extroverted and confident most of the time. He has already been a good teacher for me. I know it will be challenging but that's okay I like challenges. I am going to blog about my journey with him. 
Then, the last part is the logo some of you saw on Facebook. As I mentioned before I will be doing eventing with Annabelle. She is extremely talented and I'm excited to see her shine. (Big reason for giving her the winter mostly off). I want her to be really fit and strong and ready for the summer. And there are a lot of areas I still need to grow in that I don't need to put her through. I want to compete to show the world what Parelli helped me accomplish. I want to inspire people to live their dreams, to go after them. Not to be afraid of failing or worry about the road blocks that can occur to find away around them. My mom taught me that when the world throws crap in your face stand up, be strong, and don't be afraid. She inspires me everyday to find me, and be me. I don't want to just stand for one thing and be alone standing there. I want a team that has the same goals and dreams as I do to stand there and represent what we are about. That is where we got our name from. The logo was a combined effort but we did a lot from scratch. 
I will keep updates on Annabelle's progress, again nothing to be worried about just proceeding with caution and giving her the time she deserves and needs to make a full recovery. Thank you for your support! 





1 comment: