Thursday, March 7, 2013

Harmony <3

I had an amazing day with Annabelle. I tried all the things Linda suggested on the DVD and it was like magic! Best ride of my life, Annabelle listened to my legs I hardly had to use my reins. It will take some time to ride this way and make it a habit, but really I wasn't steering anyways. I didn't have a good way of riding. I mostly just wanted to gain confidence. However, having steering gained my confidence! We worked on the figure 8, at the walk and trot. I don't (that I know of) have any bad riding habits that I need to change so this is a great start to my L3 freestyle! One of the things Linda talked about over and over again was harmony, and I thought 'yeah I have harmony, not all the time but I have it' my ride tonight proved me so wrong! We both had the same idea in mind when I thought slow down she would slow down. When we cantered at the very end it was our only time cantering today. I didn't want to do the whole figure 8 just one circle. Usually it's nervous and fast to start, but today it started out ok, and I could feel her ready for the trot so I slowed the canter down in my mind and in my body and instead of her trotting she cantered slowly with me in harmony! I stopped at X, this was my plan anyways. I hopped off hugged her and almost cried! I was so proud of her. I can't even put how happy I am into words, but I know everyone has felt this happy at some point in their life. I wanted to share this with everyone because this was an amazing moment! And hopefully it will remind you of a time you were this happy and make you smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment