Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Applying what I know to do it better

After going through the instructor course and going through levels 1-2 a lot for review, it was like reading a really good book again. There were some new things I learned and applying them with Annabelle (especially in riding) has made a huge difference in just 2 days! Yesterday I had a more extroverted horse, and today I had a more introverted one and I used that to my advantage! I'm 95% sure I saddled correctly today and she didn't try to walk away from it! I think she was congratulating me for doing it the way I am supposed to. Funny how they do that. Still getting a lot of emotion in the trot but I stuck to it and asked for the canter after she would give me multiple relaxed walk-trot and trot-walk transitions. I also found that when I wasn't being fluid in the canter it made her worse, it took a great deal of focus, but I thought of Carol's flute. I had an amazing connection today.

No comments:

Post a Comment