Friday, October 25, 2013

Moving Forward

Well the past week or so hasn't been too promising with Annabelle- I'm not sure what I am doing wrong so taking a step back so I can move forward. I don't have any really specific goals now that my level 4 freestyle has been sent in. I continue to have a positive and progressive mindset and to keep things fun. She has been extremely explosive, striking the ground, bucking during circle game etc. The only thing that has changed in the past couple weeks is she is in a different pasture, with her same buddies, but its a change nonetheless. I went to hangout with her in the pasture today, she played in the water (much more playful then I have ever seen), she dunked half of her nose and laid down in it! As I started walking away to go play with Ariat she galloped away, rolled and then got up and started bucking and kicking at the little white LBE pony she's with. He thought that was awesome so they ran around and what I interpreted as play. After about 15 mins of this, she locked on to me and walked to me. Then followed me around, this confused me even more. Being that Annabelle is RBE she reacts in an unconfident way, and that is how I have interpreted it so far....lots to think about and try in the coming days. Ariat on the other had was a blast today, other then his take of canters, which I was able to fix. I started online getting him used to the water, he snorted at it the when I brought him over to it. After about 25 mins he loved walking and playing in it. Then we did some stuff on line. After that I did some riding, then hosed him off and did some liberty. It was AMAZING! I will post the YouTube link on here so you can see it. He has amazing draw I still have such a hard time getting used to it! Made me super happy! :D
http://youtu.be/-zUlOwek3bk





1 comment: