Thursday, July 18, 2013

First couple days in Colorado

Even though this trip has been extremely stressful it was good to finally be with my brother today and enjoy his company. We haven't decided if we are renting or buying and now they threw building into the mix.
 Annabelle is out with I think 3 geldings I've only met 2 of the horses because she is always using the other one. But she's in a pasture which I am very happy about! At first she was in a tiny pen. By no means is it a michigan pasture but even if it doesnt give her the nutritional part at least she gets to be out in a herd- as naturally as possible. I had asked if at night she could be in a pen and given hay but still no word on that so for now I'm keeping her in there as long as she's happy and if she starts getting skinny I can change something. She has been amazing, our liberty has been better then at home, I have rode her too a lot more go but then we get to work on our stop ;)

 Her feet look terrible- after just one day. I used my rasp to try and even them out and put some stuff on to try and keep the moistre in. But other then that things are good. I had my interview today I feel confident about it I just don't know if I want to work in the area it was. Other people we had asked about the area said to not go there after 6pm. The mountains are gorgeous even though its really really hazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment